Sunday, February 6, 2011

4.0.6 is almost here!

Well, according to MMO-Champion Patch 4.0.6 is set to be released this Tuesday and there are a few changes priests should know about for both Discipline and Holy. Don't worry we aren't getting nerfed! They are good changes for both PvE and PvP!

I'm just going to highlight the "priest-only" changes that we will be seeing.


-The mana cost for Renew has been reduced by 24%

I'm happy to see Renew get a reduction. Expect to see the cost jump down to about 2500 from 3200 with talents. This will make it a little bit more appealing to occasionally toss out a Renew on raid members. Currently I only use Renew mainly for tank healing because its expensive and doesn't heal for alot as Holy and I don't use it at all for Discipline. I might decide to glyph for it again depending on how well it works for us in raids.

-Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value

PvP priests rejoice everywhere! Blizzard has answered our cries and blessed us with this MUST-HAVE talent for PvP healing priests everywhere! On Live, it heals for a paultry 10k health which is practically nothing compared to our vast health pools. I'm hearing it is healing for about 40k and crits for 60k on the PTR which is a MAJOR improvement.

-Chakra now lasts 1 minute, up from 30 seconds

I'll have to test this out when the patch hits. With Chakra now lasting a minute and with the cooldown being 30 seconds, I'm finding a hard time trying to justify points in State of Mind. I see the points being more valuable elsewhere, maybe in Veiled Shadows or Inner Sanctum?

-Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30 second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage

I don't really see what the need was for an increased cooldown of this ability. Talented it was at about 18.5 seconds. The "not breaking from damage" was probably needed to keep it in line with other disorient abilities, but a longer cooldown? Are we really that OP Blizzard? Expect the cooldown to be increased by 2.5 seconds when properly talented to a 21 second cooldown.

-The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%

This is mainly for Discipline priests, but Holy priests should take note that the changes might make Power Word: Shield a more attractive ability to cast other than for the B&S talent. On the PTR, shields are holding for about 22k-24k depending on your spellpower for Discipline priests, which is about twice as much as what they are currently holding for. Be wary though, that currently on Live with proper talents, PW: S costs a little over 3500 mana. With this change, we are looking at a mana cost of at least 4600, so the spell is still not spammable by any stretch. This change should help priests in PvP perform a bit better.

-Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%

Love this change. Prayer of Mending is my favorite spell in the priest's healing arsenal. It's unique and watching it bounce around makes me a happy priest. Buffing the initial charge will help in PvP as well as PvE.

-Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal and can now also critically heal

I have always been an advocate for the Surge of Light talent and this just makes it all the more sexy. Being able to proc from our large heals as well as our cheap-slow heal makes it even more viable than it currently is.

-Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for something like this. Do you know how many times I've missed out on Serendipity stacks because I have to try to find the little icon in the upper right corner? Too many.

-Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%

I was waiting for this change to take effect. Currently, Holy priest mana regen is a little OP. Alot of priests were forgoing intellect altogether and were stacking spirit. Hopefully this puts a stop to that.

Well thats it for now. As for PvE, I think priests are in a very good place right now. PvP is currently very bad for us though, especially for Discipline. I've been doing BG's for a few weeks now and I can't tell you how painful it is to have a shaman spamming Purge or a Mage spamming Spellsteal basically nullifying our already pitiful shields. Then we basically get eaten alive. I'm hoping for some dispel immunities or resistances in the upcoming patch. I do know they are making a change to Inner Focus, but I'm not sure that will be enough. We will wait and see I guess.

<3

Lunar

No comments:

Post a Comment