Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm at a Crossroad...

2 days ago, during our 10-man raid, I broke.

I've NEVER quit in the middle of a raid before.  I might have complained, whined, and even cried, but I've never flat out quit.  I was feeling many emotions.  I was angry.  I was disappointed.  But most of all I felt like a loser.  A loser that was wasting 2 1/2 hours of my time to some hopeless cause.


Cataslym Raiding is Hard

It's much harder than ICC has ever been.  With healers no longer having infinite amounts of mana, every mistake really hurts the raid.  EVERY MISTAKE.  We don't have the luxury of messing up and expecting the healers to make up for it.  Those days are over.  Everyone should be accountable for their mistakes.  Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.  We need to buckle down and figure out where we went wrong and fix it.

Mistakes are OK, But Only to a Certain Extent

I've made my fair share of mistakes.  I'm not perfect.  But I learn and I fix what I'm doing wrong.  Simply ignoring fight mechanics or being oblivious to the surrounding evironment isn't helping progression.  If the boss is new, this is typical and is acceptable for the first week or so.  But after 3 weeks?  The boss should be dead and the raid should be reaping the rewards.  Especially when the encounter mechanics are fairly simple.

I Can't Help But Notice...

The same people are making the same mistakes over and over again.  They know who they are, so there is no need to point any fingers.  All I have to say is that what you are doing isn't fair to the rest of us.  We ALL have had to learn this fight.  We have all watched the videos, made our mistakes, and tweaked our strategies for the better of the raid.  But you have not.  Why?  Why do you continue to do the same thing over and over as stubbornly as a mule?  We don't have the luxury of "carrying" people.  Your mistakes hurt everyone and you refusing to change your personal strategy is costing everyone progression and achievements.  Is that fair?  Is it fair that you are holding the rest of the team back?  We could be a high end content raiding team, but because you lack the focus or are too ignorant towards an encounter, we are now in the 40's for server progression when we could be in the top 20.  Over half our team is capable of that feat.  Only 2 maybe 3 people are keeping us from achieving it.

Lag and D/Cing is No Excuse

Once in a while is fine.  Or maybe you were just having a really bad storm and your antenna went out.  Those types of things are understandable.  But if you are contantly d/cing or lagging every raid night or are running at 4 FPS, its no excuse.  You have a seriously bad computer or internet connection which is holding back progression.  Don't blame Blizzard.  One of my biggest gripes is when players blame Blizzard for their lag/DC issues.  The ones that usually did this are actually no longer in my guild which I'm thankful for.

So Now I'm at a Crossroad

It's been weighing a bit on my mind.  I'm thinking about switching servers.  I really don't want to.  I feel I've made lifelong friends in my guild and I don't want to throw it all away.  I love the atmosphere and the people are great.

But I want to see progression.  I want to see endgame content without the hardcore aspects of a guild.  I want to have fun and laugh and just enjoy myself.  I'm not feeling that anymore with my current guild.  Raiding is starting to feel like a chore.  I'm starting to dread it every night.  It's not fun.  I understand wiping is part of progression and the challenge makes it fun.  But wiping because of ignorance after 3 weeks on the same boss is not my idea of fun.  I think most people would agree.

I don't know what I'm going to do.  But I will say this.  If something doesn't change drastically within the next week of raiding, I may no longer be on Team 1, or Caelestraez for that matter.  I also have a feeling I'm not the only one who feels that way, which would be sad.  It would be sad to see a great team break up due to the failures of 2 or 3 people.

<3

Lunar

No comments:

Post a Comment